Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Book 46 of 2008: The Jigsaw Man by Gord Rollo

Book Description:

What would you be willing to do for two million dollars? Michael Fox answered that question for himself. The hard way. He was just about to commit suicide when a stanger approached him and offered him two million in cold, hard cash. All he wanted in return was Fox's right arm....

But that's only the beginning. The mysterious surgeon's plans go far, far beyond one simple limb. And Fox is not his only "donor." Once Fox is trapped behind the operating room doors, he discovers there is no escape from the madness, as bit by bloody bit his body is taken away from him...and gradually replaced....

My Opinion:

I had never read FRANKENSTEIN or any books related to it so this was my first book of that horror sub-genre and I was quite impressed! This book was extremely fast-paced and kept you wanting to know what was going to happen next. If I had had more time available I probably would've read it in just a couple of days, but I ended up stretching it out a bit longer.

Gord Rollo detailed the scenes and characters VERY well in this book. I was able to picture most everything going on... though some of it I would have preferred to not have had such a visual on! Rollo is a very talented writer and I am definitely looking forward to reading more by him in the future.

I highly recommend this to any fans of horror as it's definitely a must read. Thanks Nick for bringing this one to my attention.

No comments: