Saturday, January 19, 2008

Book 2 of 2008: The Sinister Mr. Corpse by Jeff Strand



After all these years I didn't think Jeff would ever write a book that I loved more than his Andrew Mayhem series, but I was wrong. I have a new favorite... THE SINISTER MR. CORPSE!!! I absolutely loved this book! The storyline was great, the characters were beyond creative, and Jeff's humor kicked ass as usual! There was one scene in the book that I still can't stop thinking about where I actually got laughing so hard I had a snorting fit (and I have my snorting pretty well under control nowadays... LOL!!) and was crying! Jeff's books, albeit grotesque at times, have the ability to make me laugh even if I'm in the worst of moods. THAT is why he is my favorite author of all time. Anyone that can cheer me up with just 1 sentence or even a couple key phrases is someone I will never stop reading. So... THANK YOU JEFF!!! I honestly haven't read all of your books/stories yet (though I think I only have 2 novels left), but mainly because I'm savoring them and trying to make sure I have something "fresh" by you when an occassion comes that I truly need your books to brighten up my day a bit more. To EVERYONE ELSE... if you haven't read any of Jeff Strand's books... what the hell are you waiting for?!?!?! Go to his website and I promise you that you won't be disappointed!

Here's the description for THE SINISTER MR. CORPSE:

Zombies…

Sometimes they rise from the grave, hungering for human flesh…

Sometimes they're created by a mad scientist intent on forming an unstoppable army of the undead…

Sometimes the zombie plague is transmitted by a horrific virus…

…and sometimes, they're resurrected in front of millions of viewers as part of a live primetime television special.

This is the story of Stanley Dabernath, zombie. A regular guy who dies, is brought back to life as a ghastly walking cadaver, and becomes the international sensation hailed by the press as The Amazing Mr. Corpse. Fame! Wealth! Groupies! Despite his ghoulish appearance, Stanley finds himself living the dream.

But in many ways, it's harder to be a celebrity than a zombie. The suits behind Project Second Chance want to tell him how to behave in public. It's difficult to enjoy a simple restaurant meal in peace. There's constant pressure coming at him from all sides–not to mention that many people consider him a vile blasphemy that should be erased from existence.

And does Project Second Chance have Stanley's best interests in mind, or is the real reason behind his reanimation something much more…SINISTER?

No comments: