Monday, May 12, 2008

Book 30 of 2008: Because Your Vampire Said So by Michele Bardsley



Book Description:

When you're immortal, being a mom won't kill you - it will only make you stronger.

Not just anyone can visit Broken Heart, Oklahoma, especially since all the single moms - like me, Patsy Donahue - have been turned into vampires. I'm forever forty, but looking younger than my years, thanks to my new (un)lifestyle.

And even though most of my customers have skipped town, I still manage to keep my hair salon up and runningg because of the lycanthropes prowling around. They know how important good grooming is - especially a certain rogue shape-shifter who is as sexy as he is deadly. Now, if only I could put a leash on my wild teenage son. He's up to his neck in danger. The stress would kill me if I wasn't already dead. But my maternal instincts are still alive and kicking, so no one better mess with my flesh and blood.

My Opinion:

Yet another fun and and fluffy paranormal romance. I tend to really like Bardsley's writing style and so I end up flying through her books. I just started this one a couple of days ago and am already done. The story line was cute and I loved Gabriel's character. (YUMMY!!!) Unfortunately, it's books like these that leave me wishing there were supernatural guys like this in real life. Le sigh! At any rate, I read a chunk of this one while sitting on the sidelines at jury duty today and boy did it help pass the time. I did have to stifle a giggle at one point that I recall though else I would've had some really funny looks most likely. I think I'm going to move onto something a bit more serious next for a change.

No comments: