Friday, May 16, 2008

Book 31 of 2008: Bloody Mary by J.A. Konrath



Book Description:

When Lieutenant Jacqueline "Jack" Daniels receives a report of an excess of body parts appearing at the Cook County Morgue, she hopes it's only a miscount. It's not. Even worse, these extra limbs seem to be accessorized with Jack's handcuffs. Jack must put her train wreck of a personal life on hold to catch a terrifying and brillian maniac - a maniac for whom getting caught is only the beginning...

My Opinion:

If possible, the 2nd installment of Konrath's Jack Daniels mystery series was even better than the first, WHISKEY SOUR. (you can see my blog post here) Konrath's books are super fast-paced with lots of twists and turns throughout. I was wondering how he was going to wrap things up in the end and was pleasantly surprised by the outcome. I don't want to say too much though due to possible spoiler potential. For anyone that likes mysteries/thrillers, if you haven't checked out this series yet, I HIGHLY recommend it!!! It's got lots of action, some comic relief, semi-detailed murder scenes (don't way I didn't warn ya!), etc... Konrath is definitely gaining momentum up my list of fave authors!

No comments: